Bigs and Littles meet once a week during school lunch or after school. This allows matches to build a friendship within a structured setting with professional staff support nearby. Hang out, talk, make crafts, play a game, and have fun. It’s not about being a tutor. It’s about being a friend.
Being a Big is all about sharing enjoyable experiences with a child in need. It doesn’t take a lot of time or money or any special skills. All you need is a willingness to be a friend to a child who needs a positive role model. Bigs consistently tell us that they “get back more than they give,” and having a Big changes a child’s life for the better, forever!
- Be at least high school freshmen. Adults also welcome!
- Commit to meet Little at least 3 times a month for an entire school year.
- Be able to pass criminal background check. No felonies.
- Have valid picture ID.
- Have reliable mode of transportation.
- Be able to participate in regular phone contact with a BBBS staff person.
Other Ways to Get Involved
Whether you get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters as a donor, potential Big Brother or Big Sister, partner, advocate, or family member, you have the power to change a child's future for the better.