Join the BBBS Team!
We are excited about the growth we are experiencing in our Community-based and Site-based programs and we are looking to add dedicated team members who have a passion for working with youth, families, and mentors to empower youth to their full potential.
All ideal candidates will have the following:
– Passion for BBBS’ mission to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
– Understanding of trauma-informed care, equity, diversity, and inclusion; or willingness to learn.
– Reliable transportation to the sites listed in the job description.
– Ability to conduct professional conversations, written communication, and detailed documentation in English (bi-lingual candidates are valued and encouraged to apply).
– Minimum of 4 years of collegiate education or experience directly applicable to the job description. For example, a Bachelor’s degree OR an Associate’s degree and 2 years of experience OR 4 years of experience.
– Be able to create positive professional relationships with youth ages 5-18 and adults.
– COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to complete at time of hire.
– Independent go-getters who thrive in a supportive work environment with autonomy.
– At least 2 years of experience with youth, families, and/or social services.
– Ability to understand and assess relationship development experience with child and adult populations; understanding of child development and family dynamics.
– CPR/First Aid certified, or ability to complete once hired.
– Proficiency or ability to learn new software and technological platforms for use of background checks, documentation, research, and implementation of program.
– Experience providing services and case management to youth and families from diverse races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, socioeconomic status, and (dis)abilities.
There are currently no staff positions open at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwest Washington, but we always welcome new mentors!